The foundation of Trinity Lutheran Church came on March 24, 1955 when a decision was made to split form Zion Lutheran Church, Ironwood. The new congregation was formed with a clear scriptural focus on the Word of God and the Sacraments of Baptism and the Holy Communion instituted by Christ himself. The current site was selected and groundbreaking for the new church complex took place on April 23, 1956. The "cornerstone laying" was on September 24, 1956 and construction continued until it was completed and dedicated on February 22, 1957. The education wing was added and dedicated on April 20, 1975. An update project included the parish hall, restrooms, pre-school classrooms, and kitchen facilities, which was completed.
Trinity is a sister congregation in the Northern Wisconsin District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
History summary for Trinity Lutheran Church was compiled and written from information in official church records.
Trinity Lutheran Church has enjoyed many Pastors since its inception.
- Rev Hugo Esala October 3rd, 1954 - June 14th, 1959
- Rev Herman Kotila July 16th, 1959 - July 14th, 1963
- Rev Jalo Nopola October 13th, 1963 - September 31st, 1964
- Rev Reino Heikkinen November 1st, 1964 - April 23rd, 1979
- Rev Charles Ortloff April 29th, 1979 - July 21st, 1984
- Rev Martin Moehring December 16th, 1984 - January 15th, 1989
- Rev H. Leroy Peterson June 11th, 1989 - October 31st 1992
- Rev Wayne Zirzow November 29th, 1992 - October 1st, 1995
- Rev Todd Frusti January 7th, 1996 - February 28th, 2003
- Rev Timothy Coppersmith October 26th, 2003 - April 8th, 2007
- Rev Wesley Baumeister December 23rd, 2007 - March 19th, 2013
- Rev Kurt Brandon July 6th, 2014 - August 5th, 2018
- Rev Matthew Gunia September 13th, 2020 -